You guys have been asking for more cotton candy recipes, so today we’re giving you my favorite cotton candy recipe we’ve ever done: cotton candy POP TARTS!!! We get SO many requests for pop tart recipes too, that I thought we could combine both and make a super sweet, pink dessert! Cotton candy lovers beware, you WILL get addicted to these. If you’ve never made homemade pop tarts before, now’s your chance. They’re super easy to make (you can even buy pre-made pie crust), and trust me when I say they taste soooo much better than the store-bought versions! To some of you this may seem like a weird combination, but don’t worry, these aren’t filled with your typical pop tart jam filling, they’re filled with marshmallow fluff! Just another reason why you have to try these! Get that sweet tooth ready!
1 package pie crust
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (or cotton candy extract)
2 cups powdered sugar
Pink food coloring
Pink and blue rock candy
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Roll out your pie crust and cut out rectangles that are 4.5″ x 2.5″ in size. Place two teaspoons of marshmallow fluff in the middle of each piece of crust.
3. Brush milk along the edges of the crust and seal with another rectangular crust. Press down the outer edges with a fork.
4. Place on your baking sheet and bake for 7 minutes. Allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.
5. While the pop tarts are cooling, mix together your milk, vanilla extract (or cotton candy extract), powdered sugar, and pink food coloring until smooth. Use cotton candy extract if you want extra cotton candy flavor.
6. Once the pop tarts are cooled completely, pipe the icing onto the tops of the pop tarts and finish with pink and blue rock candy.
7. Put a small piece of cotton candy on top of the pop tarts before serving.
Pop tarts are a breakfast food, right?? Because I’m totally eating these for breakfast this morning! I hope you guys like these as much as I do! Anything involving cotton candy is a win in my book! BUT if you aren’t the biggest fan of cotton candy, we made