Written by Sara Albers and Melissa Fenlon of
This pretty lace crown is the perfect summer craft for all the ladies in your life. They’d be great for a summer garden party with your girlfriends or your daughter’s birthday celebration. All you need are a few supplies—lace trim and fabric stiffener—and you’re ready to make a pretty crown. We kept ours white but you could also use gold or silver paint to add some shimmer. Another idea: a craft station at your next gathering where guests can customize their own lace crowns with ribbon, flowers, and paint!
Click through for the simple step-by-step instructions…
• Lace trim
• Fabric stiffener (from your local fabric or craft store)
• Craft glue
• Paint and ribbon (optional)
1. Measure the circumference of your head (our crowns averaged 24 inches). Apply the fabric stiffener according to packaging; we applied with a foam brush.
2. Lay the piece flat on wax paper and let dry for a few hours.
3. Apply quick-dry craft glue to attach the ends together.
4. Use binder clips to allow crown to fully dry and hold its shape.
Photos: Sara Albers