It’s winter (even here in Los Angeles) and I’ve been burning candles every day to make my house feel more comfortable and homey while it’s chilly outside. Most of my candles are white pillars, so when Marabu sent me their Candle-Liners, I went a little crazy decorating them. Candle-Liners are water based, wax paints that melt just like candle wax so you can actually paint ON your candles. How awesome is that?! I thought so, too. At first I tried painting on the candles, but I just couldn’t figure out a design I was happy with. Instead, I printed some vintage images on tissue paper and that’s when the magic happened. I think they’re gorgeous. A terrific personalized gift idea, too. This is my year to try new projects, like making candles, and I hope you challenge yourself to try something new in 2018. Whatever you try, remember to Make Your Mark!
I love how these look together!
So much drama!
Watch how to make them here!
STUFF I USED
White pillar candles
Tissue paper & copy paper
White school glue
1. Press the tissue paper perfectly flat using the no-steam setting
2. Cut the tissue to copy paper size (8 1/2″ x 11″) and then carefully glue the very edges to a piece of copy paper
3. On your home computer, print out the images in the size you want on the tissue paper
*Let the ink dry for a minute
4. Carefully cut around each image
5. Using tiny dabs of white school glue, adhere the image to the candle
6. Using a blow dryer, carefully warm the wax enough to allow the
tissue paper to adhere to the candle
*Don’t get the wax, too hot. Only a little at a time!
7. – 9. Embellish the images with Marabu Candle Liners
*Marabu Candle Liners dry a bit darker than the color and the
metallic gold looks like liquid gold when it’s dry.
Happy New Year!