We love these
Step 1: Separate the segments of the fan garlands with scissors. Mix up the colors and tape the segments back together with scotch tape. Then, hang up the garlands.
Step 2: Cut shapes for the separate scallop designs from cardstock.
Orange, Lemon, and Watermelon Designs:
- Create a template for a semicircle with a radius of 11.5” on a large piece of paper. The fan is 11” in radius, so an extra ½” will cover the entire fan. Cut out the template.
- Layer pieces of cardstock over the template and tape them together.
- Trace the template onto the cardstock and cut out. Measure out a 2.5” rind and cut out the center.
- Make seeds for the fruit using white cardstock for the lemon and orange and black cardstock for the watermelon. Stack a few pieces of 2” by 2-½” cardstock and then cut out a teardrop shape. You’ll need 3 teardrop shaped seeds per lemon, 3 per orange, and 5 per watermelon.
- Use Scotch tape to secure the rind to the top sides of the fan. Loop the Scotch tape to secure the center of the rind, and attach seeds.
- Cut out a half-circle shape out of white cardstock, with a diameter of 7.5” and height of roughly 4.5”.
- Stack a few pieces of 1” by 1-½” black cardstock and cut out a teardrop shape. You’ll need 13 teardrop shaped seeds per kiwi.
- Glue the seeds along the curve of the semicircle, with the the pointy half of the seed on the semicircle.
- Line up the flat edge of the semicircle with the flat edge of the fan. Tape the edges of the semicircle to the top of fan.
Photography and styling by Claire Lickfold & Amy Moss
Crafting by Justine Pon