I don’t know about you, but one of my favorite things about Fall is all of the seasonal food!!! You all might remember when we made these
Pumpkin pie (can be store-bought or handmade)
Food coloring in pink, orange, and yellow
Small alphabet cookie cutters (
1. Split your pie crust into thirds and dye the crust pink, orange, and yellow. Roll out each color of crust to 1/4″ thick and cut the crust into thin strips so you can braid them.
2. Carefully braid your three colors together, making the braid long enough to wrap around the pie crust. We made three separate braids and then connected them. Place the braids in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
3. Heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Once the braids are chilled, place them along the edge of your pumpkin pie. Put the whole pie in the oven for 5-7 minutes or until the colored braids start to brown slightly.
4. Set aside to cool. To make letters for your pie, roll out your colored dough to 1/4″ thickness. Use your cookie cutters to cut out the phrase you want, and place the letters onto a baking sheet.
5. Bake the letters for 5-7, remove from the oven, and let them cool completely before placing them onto your pie.
Well there you have it folks! Bring that to your Friendsgiving dinner and I guarantee that if you go the store-bought route, not one person is going to suspect it! How many of you are hosting Friendsgiving at your house this year? If you aren’t a fan of pumpkin pie, here’s my favorite