These lemon crinkle cookies could not be easier! They can be prepared in under 10 minutes. Perfect for when you need a sweet lemon treat in a hurry! The secret to these cookies is that they are made from a packet lemon cake mix, with a few extra ingredients added. I generally bake everything from scratch but there are times when you need quick and easy. These lemon crinkle cookies deliver the perfect lemony flavour – it is hard to stop at one! Best of all, they taste great straight from the oven.
These cookies are adapted from the Easy Lemon Cookies recipe over at
- 470 g (16.5 oz) Box Lemon Cake Mix (I used Green’s)
- 45 g (1.5 oz) plain (all purpose flour)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1.5 eggs, lightly beaten (crack two eggs into a bowl and weigh them. Remove 0.5 egg after beating)
- ¾ tablespoon lemon juice
- ¾ tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup icing (confectioners) sugar
- Note: The Greens Lemon Cake Mix includes a 335 g cake mix sachet (11.8 oz). The included icing mix was not used.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Stir in eggs, oil, lemon juice and zest until well blended. Form dough into small balls (about 1 Tbsp.), and drop into a bowl of icing (confectioners’ ) sugar. Roll them around until they’re lightly covered. Once sugared, place on a lightly-greased cookie sheet. Place sheet in the fridge for 15 – 20 minutes for the mixture to chill. Press down lightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 9 – 10 minutes in the preheated oven. The bottoms will be light brown, and the insides chewy.
Check out our other great