I’ve always been a huge fan of melted snowmen cookies
Growing up in the midwest, I’m a HUGE fan of making snowmen once the snow gets good enough for packing, but our snow here in NYC gets muddy pretty quickly. Soooo this DIY dessert is the perfect project to get me back into the Winter season without having to search for the ideal snowman-making snow in the city! Ha!
Plain donut holes
White chocolate candy melts (
Black round candies
1. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolate in 30 second intervals until completely melted. Put a small dab of white chocolate on a donut and stick the donut hole on top of it, securing the donut hole.
2. With your orange fondant, make very small cone shapes for the snowman’s nose and set aside to harden.
3. Using a spoon, cover the whole top of the donut with white chocolate, allowing some chocolate to drip down the sides to look like melted snow. While the chocolate is still wet, attach the nose and candy buttons.
4. Put the donuts in the refrigerator until the chocolate has hardened. Once the chocolate has set, remove the donuts from the refrigerator and serve!
5. If you want to add a scarf, roll out your pink fondant to 1/4″ thick and cut out a small scarf shape.
I always say this, but I think THIS is my favorite donut project ever! We’re knee deep in Holiday content over here, so expect some more fun desserts coming your way next week. You’re going to FREAK OUT when you see what we’re making!!!