dianadragne.ro or on her Instagram
Hi there. I’m Diana, and I’m here to share a memory with you guys. Growing up, I thought my grandma was really cool and I wanted to become a great cook, just like her. She used to bake me a different cake every time, but it was always somehow the same… Later I found out that she only knew one recipe: brownies.
It was always brownies, just made with different fillings. She went as far as making tomato brownies (not half bad), but one of my favorites was the plum and blueberry. It’s sweet and a little bit sour, with a fruity flavor. I’m sharing the recipe with you today, enough for 9 servings (a 20 cm square pan).
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 plums
- 1 pine blueberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 3/4 cup flour (all purpose)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Wash the fruits and slice the plums in half.
- In a small pot, melt together the butter and sugar.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa.
- Prepare a 20×20 cm pan and line it with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour in the butter mixture and stir until is combined.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and smooth out evenly.
- Add the fruits on top.
- Bake it for 35 to 40 minutes. You’ll know it’s cooked when you insert a toothpick in the middle and it comes out moist, with crumbs but without wet batter.
- Let it cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.