Making prints from vegetables always comes out great – we created
The best thing about it is that the entire piece of art cost about $2 to make and you can make it any size needed. Fill a wall for less. Use potatoes!
DIY Potato Art
To make this art piece you will need:
- A potato
- Paint in a couple favorite colors
- Paring knife
- A piece of thick cardstock, posterboard or larger paper depending on your size desire
- A frame for the finished piece
1. Cut the potato in half and then use a paring knife to carve it into whatever shape desired. It doesn’t need to be perfect, part of the effect of this project is that it looks more like a graphic representation rather than a life like design.
2. Dip the potato into paint and have at it. One fun thing about this is that to change colors all you need to do is gently cut off the top layer of the potato and continue stamping away.
Create custom art affordably for every empty space at home with this fun summer project.