We think every light fixture should be as fun as this tassel hanging light! It’s bright, festive, and perfect for the play room, craft room, or any room in the house that needs an extra splash of color. How fun would it look in the entry way, greeting you with all the happy feelings when you walk through your front door?
This DIY can totally be done with leftover yarn you have laying around from a previous project. Or, you can head to the store and pick up your favorite colorful combinations. We think the more variety the merrier, but definitely say there has to be some pink ;)
Tassel Hanging Light
To make the tassel hanging light you will need:
- 3 embroidery hoops in different sizes (we used 10″, 8″, and 6″)
- 6 skeins of yarn in a rainbow of colors
- light kit
1. Make a ton of tassels.
- For the 10″ hoop, we made 8-10 tassels in the dark pink, and coral yarn.
- For the 8″ hoop, we made 5-7 tassels in the yellow, green, and aqua yarn.
- For the 6″ hoop, we made 4-5 tassels in the navy and purple yarn.
How to make tassels:
To make tassels, begin by wrapping the yarn around a piece of cardboard or a small box until you have the thickness you want (we wrapped about 20 times). Thread a long piece of yarn through the top loop and tie with a double knot. Snip the bottom loop open. Tie another length of yarn around your tassel just below the top knot. Wrap around several times, secure with a double knot, and trim off excess.
2. Once all your tassels are made, tie to each hoop. Dark pink and coral on the 10″ hoop; yellow, green and aqua on the 8″ hoop; navy and purple on the 6″ hoop. Space them around equally and not too tight.
3. Nest the hoops, and using a few long pieces of neutral color twine, tie the embroidery hoops together to make three tiers.
4. Feed light through the top of the chandelier and secure.
We’d love to hear how you plan to personalize this tassel hanging light–what colors are you going to use? And where are you going to hang it? Share with us by dropping a comment on the post!
(Photography ©A Subtle Revelry by