I don’t know about you, but I LOVE all the little pins that have become so on trend lately. They add a little bit of fun to any jacket, purse, hat, you name it! But I find myself with dishes full of little pins and can’t find certain ones when I need them. I’m constantly trying to find ways to keep my earrings and pins organized, so today we’ve put together a super cute DIY that does just that! It’s easy to make and so cute to have on display. It makes for a great weekend project that will make you feel like you’re getting your dresser nice and organized, too. Here’s the how-to…
1. Place gold ring on the canvas and trace the outside.
2. Cut out the circle, and cut off about a 1/4″ wide strip from the top (you will need this space to string the parachute cord through).
3. Attach canvas to one of the rings with hot glue all along the edge.
4. Place second gold ring on the other side of the mesh (like a sandwich) and repeat with glue.
5. At the top of the ring where the mesh is cut away, begin wrapping parachute cord around the doubled-up rings.
6. Once you’ve wrapped as far as you’d like, feed cord in between the two rings to create the hanging loop. Leave enough length for how long you’d like the loop to hang down.
7. Finish the other side by again feeding the cord between the rings (but on the other side). Finish with a dab of glue.
8. Using glue, glue a strand of cord all the way around the edge between the two rings, covering the glue and any gap between the mesh and rings.
Finally, add buttons, earrings, pins, even hair clips! It’s a fun way to keep them all in sight and on display in your room!